Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beachside Emporium


Since I mentioned the Beachside Emporium in the blog I have had some questions about the shop so I asked Kathryn O'Brien if she could tell us a bit more about what it is that she loves about the products that caught my attention in her shop, which she was only happy to do.


By: Kathryn O'Brien  Beachside Emporium
"Journals – I like to keep notes, make lists, record important dates and information for my family, and jot down ideas for my business. I love our selection of journals, particularly the one with Grace Kelly gracing the cover.

Jewellery – We have a range of beautiful jewellery in store including necklaces, watches, bracelets, and earrings. One of my favourite pieces of jewellery from Beachside Emporium is a Sue Sensi silver necklace with silver florin. A Melbourne-based designer, Sue handcrafts each piece in Australia, using the highest quality sterling silver, Australian coins and semi-precious beads and charms to create jewellery with meaning and good energy to those who wear it. I lived in Melbourne a few years ago, and loved the experience. Wearing Sue’s necklace reconnects me to being there, it looks great with anything I wear, and friends and customers frequently comment on how stylish it looks.

Candles – We sell a variety of beautiful candles at Beachside Emporium. My favourite candle at the moment is “Amalfi Coast” from the Glasshouse Fragrances range; a combination of freesia, lavender and lime and is so invigorating. Our customer experience is very important to us so we burn a candle in store every day to create a welcoming, luxurious and memorable shopping experience for everyone who enters our shop. Customers are always saying how beautiful the shop smells as they step inside. Candles are indulgent, glamorous and a perfect gift for anyone, including gift for self!

Books – Beachside Emporium has a diverse selection of books including fashion, travel, home styling and entertaining, cooking, photography and architecture, and French and coastal living. I am a complete Francophile, hence the French influence on our shop. I love everything about France and the French. My favourite book at Beachside Emporium is “Bitton” French Café Cookbook. I enjoy good food and cooking at home for my family – the “Bitton” cookbook has wonderful rustic breakfast dishes, and great dinner party ideas. When in Sydney with my daughter, I enjoy David Bitton’s cooking first hand at his gourmet café, “Bitton” in Alexandria.

Homewares/Cushions – Our home-wares range features stylish coastal, contemporary and rustic furnishings, decorative and vintage pieces including antique sofas, coastal clocks, stylish rugs, throws, beautiful linen, soft cushions, mirrors, vases and much more. Cushions are my favourite item from our home-wares range. I love the beautiful fabrics, and decorative designs. They are comfy, simple yet elegant, and add sophistication and style to home décor, a sofa, bed or chair."

I really recommend you go and have a browse in Kathryn's shop, you will find so many inspiring things. It is located on 44 Manning St, Kiama. It is open 7 days from 9am to 5pm. Or if you prefer to have a browse of their products online you can have a look at the facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment